E-Discussion on your experience in implementing the SDGs in relation to migration
The JMDI has held an e-discussion to learn about how you, practitioners, have contributed to the implementation of the migration-related SDGs. As different countries take steps to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), it is important to make the most of the inclusion of migration in the 2030 Agenda. To this end, IOM has been developing guidance to help practitioners operationalise the migration-related aspects of the SDGs. To ensure this guidance considers a range of approaches and examples, we took an interest in hearing your insights and experiences in implementing projects relating to migration and the SDGs.
We asked you to contribute to this discussion by sharing any efforts you have made relating to the SDGs, including but not limited to:
- Raising awareness of migration and the SDGs
- Prioritising and/or modifying SDG targets relating to migration
- Developing and/or reporting indicators for SDG targets relating to migration
- Building monitoring & evaluation capacity for the SDGs relating to migration
- Developing and implementing programmes on migration and the SDGs
- Mainstreaming migration into other SDG implementation efforts
The Migration and the 2030 Agenda - A Guide for Practitioners will be published shortly.